Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I can feel the love.

I was browsing around on snakeater's blog a few days ago, and I noticed that he had found an entry over Daily Kos way concerning the contractors who were recently killed in the helicopter shootdown in Iraq. (I have a great deal of admiration for people who are willing to make the daily sewage swim to see what they're thinking over there - I know I couldn't stomach it.) Apparently, the contractors who have been hired to do diplomatic protection in Afghanistan and Iraq are evil, evil people - and how do we know that? Because, before they were contractors, they were . . . special forces. SF apparently are shunned and disliked by all the rest of the army, and they only become worse if they retire and take a security contract. But let's let Militarytracy tell it in her own words:

I am a family member also of a person who served in Iraq and who will most likely be doing that again soon. My husband is an officer and he makes more than most people dodging bullets over there. I also know more than a couple of people who have ditched their uniform to work for "security companies" over there and make BIG MONEY and exercise their sick sociopathic tendencies. Most were special forces. We kind of have a joke in the military about who our daughters can date, everybody but special forces. Then there is that other joke that goes on about how the housing and training facilities for special forces are kept far away from the general military population, and then there's the final joke about how if you flunk your psych testing you can always train for special forces. I get too windy sometimes, so let me try to be short and sweet. The only fucking people who need to run around Iraq with automatic weapons and working for "our side" for any reason whatsofuckingever are people who answer to our military chain of fucking command and thereby the American voter and taxpayer and thereby follow the Geneva Convention to the fucking letter. If you had any idea how much these MERCs disgust and sicken honest military folk!!! It is no accident that these guys ended up hanging from a bridge in Fallujah or that their chopper was shot down. THESE FUCKERS ARE NOT NICE PEOPLE. I have a hard time feeling sorry for their families. I have known a few of these wives and if they are in the marriage they are so high on Prozac and Xanax they will barely know he's gone. Most are so gone from the marriage, hell, they may have a SAVED BY GOD AND RELEASED FROM HELL party. These are not nice people in any way, shape, or form. They have done horrible disgusting things over there that are going to curl our hair and crisp our brains when we get the whole skinny someday. I am personally disgraced and sickened that my country has these "THINGS" running around that country making more money than God and doing things that SATAN has only dreamed of! If one of their mommas is crying I'm somewhat sorry but I really want to ask that woman why she never got any help for her son, who was obviously a potential serial killer! I lay some of what that man became on her and his father's doorstep. I have almost no tears for these people. I can barely squeeze one out.

by Militarytracy on Thu Apr 21st, 2005 at 11:34:23 PDT

(Although, frankly, she seems to have as much trouble with the contractors making more than her husband does over there than anything else. Goodness knows how she and hubby are reacting to the $150,000 retention bonuses SF guys are getting.)*

(And I don't dare ask where that rant about her daughters not dating SF comes from - I'm afraid the officer class has been having a spot of trouble with the enlisted swine again.)

Not only are SF bad people if they work for security companies (excuse me, if they become MERCS who disgust and sicken honest military folk), but they plan and carry out atrocities just this side of Genghis Khan:

According to eyewitnesses, U.S. Special Forces supervised--some say orchestrated--the systematic murder of more than 3,000 captured Taliban soldiers in November 2001. That charge is the centerpiece of a documentary film, "Afghan Massacre: The Convoy of Death," expected to be released in the United States within the next few weeks.

"There has been a cover-up by the Pentagon," says Scottish director Jamie Doran, a former producer for the BBC. "They're hiding behind a wall of secrecy, hoping this story will go away--but it won't." Indeed, "Massacre" has already been shown on German television and to several European parliaments. The United Nations has promised an investigation. But thanks to a virtual media blackout, few Americans are aware that, on the eve of another war, their nation's reputation as a bastion of human rights is rapidly dissipating.


Well, if a BBC producer says so, it must be true.

But it's not our fault - really it's not. It's society's fault - we're really victims here - all of us in SF are the victims of a cruel uncaring government. The evil government makes sociopathic killers out of us, just like they did with this woman (Jack Army, I'm shocked that the truth about the ASVAB is only now coming out - why didn't you tell us?):

E: You also describe how your hatred of your father for killing Baby Rose fueled your “Nikita” assassin alter that worked for the federal government. Do you suppose a similar form of abuse is used to traumatize men in Special Forces?

K: I’m convinced of it. I have talked to enough of them now, the traumas that they are put through even during their training to break them down are severe. They’re bullied unbelievably, sleep-deprived, everything possible is done to them. They’re pushed to the point beyond pain. That anger’s got to go somewhere. My husband was pretty much conditioned the same way, so I know from his own experiences, yes.

E: So I wonder how far their training goes. The bullying and pain -- do you think they’re dissociated as well by trauma?

K: Absolutely. The other thing, too is that for a long time -- I don’t know how common it is now -- it seemed like they were choosing men who were already dissociated in childhood.

E: By means of that battery of tests that new recruits take?

K: Exactly. Of course, then they can create alter states in those men that are easily controllable, based on their already having been dissociated. That was my husband’s experience.


Sheesh . . . I think I liked it better when we were just stopping goat's hearts with our minds.

*Personal disclaimer: No, in the guard, we aren't seeing any of that money . . . I guess being a part-time sociopath pays less.

29 Comments:

Blogger Snakeeater said...

Just deleted a poorly worded comment. I'll try again.

After encountering Militarytracy's comment I searched her archives and let me tell you, she is one demented soul. I honestly think she's clinically insane. And I can't help but think that she can't be helping her husband's career at all. I wonder if he can even take her out in public. Certainly not to a dining out.

And I'll take the odd sewage swim for the cause, but it does take a while for me to calm down afterwards. Oliver Willis' blog is a bit easier since he has that photo of his smug, flabby butt there and I can look at it and imagine slapping him around like a narc at a biker rally. And where Kos is patently evil, Willis is just plain clueless.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Snakeeater said...

Oh, and that bit about not dating SF guys is a load of crap. First, I wonder if she's ever even met anyone from group. With hundreds of bases to choose from, SF units are stationed at probably less than 10 worldwide. As far as part-timers, there are SF units at maybe 20 armories out of many hundreds. It's unlikely she's ever even been stationed at a post with SF types.

And secondly, I'll go to my grave proclaiming that SF guys are the finest you will ever meet. And I know more about SF types than Insanetracy will ever know.

Or maybe she's just going through extreme mental gyrations caused by regret over having married a straightleg instead of a real man...

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"..caused by regret over having married a straightleg instead of a real man..."

Oh boy, is there a way to make sure that wacko lady reads this? :-) Her response might even be more entertaining than watching the Yankees lose. That poor husband of hers. Don't even get me started on the whole sociopath thing. It's obvious she is not at all educated on the subject. It's sad when people talk out of their ass.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

"It is no accident that these guys ended up hanging from a bridge in Fallujah or that their chopper was shot down. THESE FUCKERS ARE NOT NICE PEOPLE."

Those "fuckers," as she calls them, were riding shotgun on a food shipment when the mob ambushed and butchered them. Nice to see such respect for the dead.

Anyway, I'm with Mustang. You SF guys seem like a good bunch to me.

5:10 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Oh, and I also read some of Militarytracy's stuff...wow. Either she is one of those people who just flies off the handle on the internet (for free if she's flying space available), or she really is clinically insane.

She also seems to have that affliction particular to 15 year old males in which any statement has to turn into WWIII, f-bomb style.

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now why would Lefties only want people in Iraq "who answer to our military chain of fucking command and thereby the American voter and taxpayer and thereby follow the Geneva Convention to the fucking letter."??

I thought that was the people they had a problem with in the first place! Every other post at Kos has to do with the chain of command violating the Geneva Convention.

Scratch a Lefty and you'll find a hypocrite underneath.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm... I was a dirty nasty leg, who was in a new unit at Fort Bragg so we were housed in the squallid conditions next to the the SF guys.

Have to say in that whole year, they never did anything horrid or evil. But then again I didn't have an inferiority complex as a leg.

Hey someone has to run the radios for the artillary and ordinance guys. You can't drop MLRS out of airplanes so we were not ever going to be airborne.

This woman is the worst kind of officers wife. I am just guessing a degree in women's studies and a long list of things that America has done wrong in the world at the ready. ( I could take the time to go to her site and check her bio, but I am at work and don't want to soil my browser. )

What an fool.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Snakeeater said...

Oh, and there are a lot of fine non-airborne types out there. Bear in mind I keep my tongue firmly planted in my cheek the majority of the time.

And it's just in my nature to toss the odd bomb...

4:38 PM  
Blogger gonorr said...

oh dear, straight jacket for one me thinks.
she needs to increase her medication.

5:56 PM  
Blogger gonorr said...

that warped witch's diary is the biggest pile of pony ive ever seen.
thats one fruitcake. feel sorry for her hubby.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Chevy Rose said...

question: why do you read that kind of 'crap'? You know you are doing a good job, we know you are doing good job. Do SF really want to date that woman's daughter? Have her for mother-in-law? I think not.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Work hard, play hard. Live hard, die hard. The SF and ultra guys have my heart and soul, they saved my life about 35 years ago. I would gladly die for them. So what if they make 150k a year, experiance and skill are worth a lot. Especially when they save a life, if only by taking 25. Theyre on our side. They kill the bad guys. They just relate to them.
That woman doesnt even relate to a tomatoe....A disgruntled ex of some fine man that got the sence to ditch her.
Heres to Rodgers Rangers, and all who followed!
Kermit

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to pretend that people like MilitaryTracy don't exist. I guess it's nice to remember sometmes that they do.
My guess is that she has a bowl-type haircut and no chest.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Subsunk. This doesn't pass the sniff test, and I doubt she's an officer's wife. If he is, well, then I feel bad for him. If anyone can dig up a picture of her, I'll put it up for a "Would You Hit It" poll on my blog, sort of like this one:

http://www.fredschoeneman.com/archives/000943.html

The mercenaries I know are good guys. You can read about one of them by entering "mercenary" in the search field of my blog.

11:10 PM  
Blogger remoteman said...

What percentage of the security contractors in Iraq are even American let alone ex-SF? From the little that I've read on this issue there are plenty from South Africa, the UK, Fiji, Australia and central/eastern Europe. I'm not military but have met/worked with former SF. I was impressed by all of them.

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having lived with both the SF and the SEALs in Iraq for a couple of months, I know there isn't anyone else I'd rather have at my back or be my nieghbor. Shes a nutty broad whos life probably consists of daytime TV and Luncheons at the Officer's club. Sure you occasionally get a clinicly insane SF guy. Big Deal. It could happen to the best of us.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent a lot of time at Fort Campbell with SF and regular army wives. There are some great ladies married to guys in the SF community. That woman's rant about SF wives was out of line. Please don't judge all officers' wives by this one nut case! I have spent my almost 12 years of being married to an officer trying to disprove all the rotten stereotypes of officers' wives. This month's officers' wives' luncheon that I will attend is to honor our scholarship winners(the children of NCOs, Officers and GS employees), we are also giving several thousand dollars to local and military-related charities. I cannot see this individual fitting in with the ladies I know, both the wives of officers and those of non-commissioned officers, Special Forces and Regular Army.

2:41 AM  
Blogger militarybrat said...

It is entertaining is that she feels the need to advertise her ignorance & inability to make her own decisions to the public in her blog.......

But most entertaining is the fact that she is simply too dumb to know how dumb she makes herself look.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Synova said...

Might someone explain the "leg" terminology... straight leg, bent leg, dirty nasty leg...

Obviously you all knew what you were talking about. ;-)

8:28 PM  
Blogger pacos_gal said...

I think the comment by Iraq Veteran about his friend who died, was a great answer to Militarytracy's rant.

I too have to wonder if she is really an officer wife. It just doesn't seem to be the kind of thing that a military wife would say.

11:52 PM  
Blogger pacos_gal said...

After reading some of her entries, I've changed my mind. She could be a military wife, but one with alot of pain and anger and issues in her life. I don't know why the rant against SF or others, but one thing I do know is that you cannot lump people or jobs into one neat category and wrap it up. Life is not that neat and neither is the military or war.

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with all of you, this woman is a nutcase....if she is an actual military wife I'll just bet her husband has no idea the things that she is writing and if he doesnt, when he does find out one would hope that he kicks her crazyself to the curb.

3:29 AM  
Blogger FbL said...

I just had to add my two cents. I have had the privilege of supporting several deployed SO units through anysoldier.com (Force Recon Marines, SF). They are invariably the most appreciative, honorable and tender-hearted of the personnel it's been my privilege to support.

When you can reduce a big tough Marine NCO to tears by telling him a child who saw his picture said he has a "kind face," you know he's no psychopath and wouldn't tolerate working with somebody who WAS. Ditto for the SF officer who said he was so touched by my letter expressing appreciation for their dedication and effort that he ordered all his soldiers read it for encouragement.

SF Geek and others commenting here: Thank you so much for pushing yourself to the limits of human skill and endurance so that you can do what you do for us. I am grateful beyond words for your service.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my. And I've been working next to a former member of the SF for 15 years. Obviously, he's just been acting nice and civilized all that time to lull our suspicions until he has us all at his mercy, then the maiming and torture begin. 8-)

How does MilitaryTracy manage to type while wearing a straitjacket?

markm

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On behalf of those guys who are "not nice people" who gave their life for a cause bigger than themselves....and who were brutally mudered in Iraq. I would like to say of military Tracy...... Give her money to speed her departure for i wish not to die in that womans company.

Military Tracy has the right to be an idiot....she has the right to broadcast it to the world in her blog.....but that right was bought and paid for with the blood of the very individuals she loathes............

So I hope she enjoys the right to be a pathetic loser...... It is the work you all do that makes this military one i can serve proudly in. Thanks, and Much Respect.......oh yeah and sorry about having to wait three hours on a c-130... it is my unit giving you rides out there.... and i know airforce screws it up for you guys sometimes..probably too many times......sorry.....

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the moments that we all feel a little bit little people dwarf , we offer up a unique (Why isn't it "AN" unique, anyway?) experience at Being Short Sucks . com

1:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Snake eater and friend are in the Tech industry.....how does that add up to anything Special Forces? My husband has 17 years in as a Cobra/Apache pilot. Funny about "Snake Eater"......my husband goes by "Snake" in soccer and ultimate frisbee games. My husband also did most of the flight mission planning in his area when he was in Iraq. Usually is the last heli in the air at NTC too. Military officers aren't graded any longer these days by their wives, and if they were it could possibly help instead of hinder my husband due to some of my family members in government positions, but he has to paddle his own boat. Mercs in Iraq are free to be lawless and most are. They dress like, talk like, and look like our soldiers and create enormous hatred for our soldiers by what they have done over there. I do find it utterly disgusting that Mercs make more than our grunts over there, it clearly shows that we value war profiteers over integrity, commitment, and blood, sweat, and tears. We are a sad sad little nation these days! I can't wait for the Wes Clark brand of Army to return, it can't get here soon enough and it is on its way because it has to be! In case you all didn't realize the Army is BROKEN, and if you wished ill upon my husband and hoped that he lost his next promotion I hate to tell you that the Army is so short handed......even if I pushed Rummy down and farted in his face my husband would still get promoted! Iraq has become an unrecoverable blood drenched horror of a clusterfuck thanks to the current leadership and all their grand ideas and all of their failure to observe the Geneva Convention. Having a tech job, why would the author of this diary feel anything about me? Is he a Merc? Does he work for Blackwater or Custer Battles?

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lady
Do some research before opening your mouth and you will see that he was former SF, the very people you insult. What do you have to do with or know about contractors?
The last mercenaries you saw were probally in Jean Claude Van Damm movies.

Alpha Geek,
Keep the good stuff coming!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Ymarsakar said...

THESE FUCKERS ARE NOT NICE PEOPLE

They're not nice? Aww, I still love SF people though. If they were nice, would they still be alive? Perhaps not.

We don't pay you guys to be nice. We pay you guys to make the life of terroists a living hell. Preferably, several living hells compacted into 5 dimensions. That's if you can't get rid of them that is.

We love you guys, but only because the terroists hate you. So long as terroists and the enemies of the United States crap their pants in fear and hate of the Special Forces, we'll always love you guys in the SF community.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home