Saturday, April 23, 2005

A couple more snakeaters for the blogroll

Found a couple more SF guys with blogs - this is way cool. Before long, we're going to need a SOFBlog ring.

jbrookins was in the 'Stan, literally in some of the same places I was. He's got a great shot of the Logar pass on his website - if I recognize it correctly, it's heading down on the Kabul side pretty much right after the checkpoint at the top of the pass? Also a great picture of Gardez and Orgun-e. Been there, too . . . Maybe I need to figure out how to post pictures on here, if anyone wants to see? Anyway, his blog, JB's Sanctuary, is a great read.

snakeater was in, too, back in the day - plus he likes baseball. He was at Ft. Devens, and I imagine if I dig back through his archives, I'll find a story or two about the Wagon Wheel . . . Check out his blog, Mistakes Were Made.

Since I'm redoing the template, I'm also moving Blackfive into the SOF list, where he belongs . . .

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures would be a great addition. I followed the link to JB's site and his picture of the road in the snow is amazing. Your writing is really descriptive, but I don't think I ever could have visualized a road in Afghanistan as something quite that challenging.

Kristy

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, post pictures :)

7:23 PM  
Blogger JACK ARMY said...

I'm all for pictures, too. They are worth a thousand words, after all!

7:57 PM  
Blogger JohnW said...

If you go to Blogger Help, there's an entire section on how to get photos on your blog. You have to download a couple of free programs (Hello and Picasa). Then you can post photos as a new blog entry, save them as a draft so they don't show up on your page, and copy the URLs into your HTML. It takes a little screwing around with to get used to, but it works pretty well, and all of your photos are kept in Blogger.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home