Saturday, April 23, 2005

A couple more snakeaters for the blogroll

Found a couple more SF guys with blogs - this is way cool. Before long, we're going to need a SOFBlog ring.

jbrookins was in the 'Stan, literally in some of the same places I was. He's got a great shot of the Logar pass on his website - if I recognize it correctly, it's heading down on the Kabul side pretty much right after the checkpoint at the top of the pass? Also a great picture of Gardez and Orgun-e. Been there, too . . . Maybe I need to figure out how to post pictures on here, if anyone wants to see? Anyway, his blog, JB's Sanctuary, is a great read.

snakeater was in, too, back in the day - plus he likes baseball. He was at Ft. Devens, and I imagine if I dig back through his archives, I'll find a story or two about the Wagon Wheel . . . Check out his blog, Mistakes Were Made.

Since I'm redoing the template, I'm also moving Blackfive into the SOF list, where he belongs . . .

11 Comments:

Blogger jbrookins said...

Thanks for the link. Yeah I think we covered a lot of the same ground. Great writing BTW.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Kristy said...

Pictures would be a great addition. I followed the link to JB's site and his picture of the road in the snow is amazing. Your writing is really descriptive, but I don't think I ever could have visualized a road in Afghanistan as something quite that challenging.

Kristy

4:48 PM  
Blogger Uncle Jimbo said...

I don't know how Blogger handles pictures. My blog is hosted by a news paper site and I may be able to host photo pages there or I can definitely do so at unclejimbo.com if there are limits on storage from blogger. That is a yahoo hosted site and I have gigs of storage if anyone can use it. I will put up and link to photos I have.

Cordially,

Uncle J

5:56 PM  
Blogger jbrookins said...

check out photobucket.com

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Lilly said...

Yes, post pictures :)

7:23 PM  
Blogger JACK ARMY said...

I'm all for pictures, too. They are worth a thousand words, after all!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Uncle Jimbo said...

I sent a message to madison.com which hosts my blog asking if they wanted to host a SOF pics gallery and to help us by using their newspaper resources and contacts to spread the word. I will inform.

Just for info my blog is on the site for the two papers for Madison, WI. The Capital Times is very liberal and the editor also writes for the brainiac lefty mag The Nation which is well respected. If they play we can get a fair amount of MSM action and anything we can steal from them I am all for.

Cordially,

Uncle J

12:07 AM  
Blogger Uncle Jimbo said...

Man I love scheming!

12:09 AM  
Blogger jbrookins said...

Sweet

12:41 AM  
Blogger GoldFalcon said...

It looks like Uncle J may have it handled but the album at goldfalcon.org is available for use. Just register and upload to your hearts content.

GoldFalcon Album

3:44 AM  
Blogger Aft Cap said...

If you go to Blogger Help, there's an entire section on how to get photos on your blog. You have to download a couple of free programs (Hello and Picasa). Then you can post photos as a new blog entry, save them as a draft so they don't show up on your page, and copy the URLs into your HTML. It takes a little screwing around with to get used to, but it works pretty well, and all of your photos are kept in Blogger.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home