Saturday, January 29, 2005

But wait - I thought it was illegal to carry a gun in NYC . . .

Aspiring Actress Shot Dead in New York

I thought this was interesting, and not just because its the classic "I told you so" about gun control and where the real responsibility for safeguarding your life is - and it ain't counting on the cops to be there when you need them.

Reading this story, I've come to the conclusion that this woman was killed by her worldview. I don't want to sound cruel, but the same impulse that leads someone "to reflect on the current socio-political landscape by developing new and relevant works of theatre" (that is, to be fuzzy headed) leads them to respond inappropriately (that is, in a fuzzy headed way) in a life or death situation. If there's a moral here, its that a mugging is like a cross-examination - don't ask a question if you don't already know the answer. Or, like they say where I come from "Don't let your mouth write a check your ass can't cash."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand why she reacted like that, but it's unfortunate she didn't realize that those type of people tend to be really insecure, and when you challenge their bravado like that, they can only respond in one way...

Tom M

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home