Sunday, March 06, 2005

Links and whatnot

I added a link section to my blog, mostly for my own benefit - it will give me a way to check those blogs I want to read regularly from the comfort of my own page. But if you've swung by here, feel free to follow them. I'll be adding more as they occur to me, or as I find them.

Coppersblog is a great picture of working as an English copper - vastly entertaining stuff.

English Magistrate is actually The Law West of Ealing Broadway, but that wouldn't fit on one line - a fascinating look behind the scenes at the work of an English judge.

Day by day is, of course, Chris Muir's brilliant cartoon (I have a comment from a Chris Muir on one of my posts, by the way - it would be way cool if it were that Chris Muir.)

Code Wizard is a good friend of mine from way back - and he has an interesting take on politics and on technology, so he's worth checking out.

The Mudville Gazette is worth reading for its own sake, and because of the breadth of other interesting military sites that get linked, mentioned or discussed there.

Indepundit is Lt Smash - fighting the good fight in San Diego. All I have to say about the relative political merits of Code Pink is that not only are they deluded at best, they're not nearly as cute as the Lebanese girls photographed protesting in Beirut.

I found Major Mike today on the Mudville Gazette - a retired Marine stranded with the loony left in Oregon. While I was reading his site, I kept finding myself going "Yeah, he's right", or "Damn, I wish I had said that." The kind of guy I wouldn't mind sitting down and having a beer with.

I've also added a sitemeter widget, because I've gotten a bit curious about whether anyone outside my immediate circle of friends and family actually makes it over here. When I started this, it was just a way to communicate with people I already knew. Now my ego has gotten involved to the point that I think it would be pretty cool if actual strangers thought what I had to say was interesting enough to read.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sean Dustman said...

I thought the Lebanese girls were pretty cute too. Nice blog you have here!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris Muir has posted on a lot of sites. He's posted on mine several times. He's a great guy you see...

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree w/ doc in the box. Noticed you and I had similar comments on decorations on the Major's site and then he referenced (or whatever you call it) your site.
Have read several of your columns. Good stuff. Particularly liked the one on "How to Be a Green Beret." Lying accurately sounds like hard work to me. Think I'll stick to inaccurate falsehoods.
Look forward to reading through your archives. Don't have and won't have a site myself because: 1) It looks like hard work
2) I have little to say
Thanks for yourz, V/R JW

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear I'm me! I haven't got a blogger identity yet, so I use anonymous and sign my name.Yes, I'm a dinosaur. Cool 3D skull on your site,Chad.

Tomorrow's toon will be on Abdulkarium al-Khaiwani.

later,
-chris muir

6:04 PM  
Blogger Major Mike said...

SFAG. The more I read of your blog, the more I say the same thing...it will take me a while to get through your archives, but I suspect I'll enjoy what I read. Keep it up.
MM

6:26 PM  
Blogger Papa Ray said...

Hey,

Just staggered in from somewhere (forgot now, ol' brains forget fast).

I am a "complete stranger" but I have an in, I was, in a past life, long ago, in a far away land, a strange creature known as a "Lurp".

Little was known about us, as we lived in the bush and came out only on dark, cloudy nights to watch and learn.

And then to call in the destroyers.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this site was so devoid of comments I really started to believe I was the only one outside of the author who came here. But, it looks like it draws a healthy crowd on the hit counter.

Tom M

12:28 AM  
Blogger Watch 'n Wait said...

Another stranger here! Been reading your previous posts. Damned descriptive writing. Good stuff. How's your sitemeter working? Mine refused to function. May try it again. Take care.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home